Please Visit our Sponsors, and support whenever you can !!!
New Brunswick Champion Chris Wallace pictured below just after qualifying for the WDF - World Cup to be held back in St John's Newfoundland in October.
Each of Canada's Provinicial/Territorial Champions (Mens & Ladies) plus the Top 16 Players on the NDFC Ranking List were invited to compete in the World Cup Qualifier held on Friday June 14th in St. John's. Chris went immediately to work knocking off British Columbia's #1, then dispatching Nova Scotia's Seymore Dixon (Former World Cup Team member), set up the qualifying match with Quebec's Marcel Simard. Chris went flat in this match, but luckily there were 3 spots available on Team Canada. This set up a clash with the host Province's ace former Canadian Champion/current Americas Cup Champion Troy Hanlon. Chris dug deep and put together a massive display of darts knocking off the hometown favorite 3-1. When it was mentioned to Troy that Chris was a very able player, he said "Oh yes he shot amazing, deserved it, his two triples a shot to my one was enough and doubles right away, no second chances".
It's so nice to see players from New Brunswick doing so well and qualifying for these International events. With events like our NDFC Ranking shoots, Major League Darts, Dart Players New Brunswick Tour, our players are producing a higher quality game then ever. We are on the right track.. Get your districts ready and organized, Nationals are in Halifax next year.. Expect to see a massive turnout for next years team ;-)
Kayla Thompson Runner Up at the Canadian Youth Nationals
Kayla placed 2nd at the Canadian Youth Nationals (Sr Girls) in St John's Newfoundland this past Victoria Weekend. She also narrowly missed out on a World Cup birth having made the final in that qualifier as well. Kayla was one of the best performers on the weekend, her play paid off as she took the last challenge head on.. The World Masters Qualifier in which she went on to win!!!! She will now represent Canada at the Winmau World Masters in Hull, England in October. A great achievement and a great weekend from Kayla and the rest of our Youth Team.. Congrats from all of us, and we wish you a very successful trip to the UK.
2013 Jr Cooke Memorial NDFC Ranked $8150.00
New Venue - New Date - New Payout - New Sponsors
In memory of one of our most popular players, a tournament larger than any other in Atlantic Canada will descend upon Saint John New Brunswick July 26-27-28. Due to the huge success of last year's tournament, and a new partnership with Cosmo Seiki Co. Ltd. the payouts this year has increased to a massive $8150.00. Moosehead Breweries have also renewed their continued support and will also be a major contributor. We don't need to tell you how important it is to support our Sponsors
We are aiming to make this New Brunswick's can't miss event. We really need the leagues to get involved in this tournament.. So start looking for your partners.. book your hotel rooms etc.. It's our local support that will make this event grow. We are on the right track, and we are not going to stop improving the game & events for you!
Jeff Smith plays on the World Stage - 2013 PDC World Cup of Darts in Hamburg, Germany
Canada's Jeff Smith Partnered with 3 x World Champion John Part to finish Top 16 at the World Cup of Darts. The pair defeated Sweden 5-4 in a high quality match in the Group Stages, then lost to the seed Scotland 5-3. Scotland also defeated Sweden 5-2 setting up a Top 16 match for Canada with Wales. New Brunswick's Jeff Smith fired in a 104.07 average against the Welsh duo (both former World Champions) but it was in defeat as the Welsh team advanced to the Semi's before losing to the eventual Champions England.
Presenting our latest player to be featured: Karen Tracy
Name: Karen Tracy
Birthday: Nov 14th
From: Beaver Harbour
Darts Used: Scott's Dad's (Carl Tracy Jr)
* If you could be a Superhero, what would want your super powers to be?
- To read people's thoughts, and change negativity towards others.
* Apart from darts, what do you do in your spare time?
- Organizing Lions Club Events
* What is your biggest accomplishment in darts?
- Making the New Brunswick team in 2012 for Nationals
* Who is your inspiration?
- I don't have 1 ;) My biggest was the greatest dart player in Charlotte County (Jr Cooke). The next one is my husband Scott Tracy and good friend Derek Hanley. All 3 taught me to never give up
* What is the best advice you were ever given?
- "You are there for a reason, show them what you can do and have fun" - Derek Hanley.
* Favorite Food?
* Favorite Drink?
* Best Friend in Darts?
- My husband
* Do you play any other sports?
* Where is your favorite place to go on holiday?
* If you hadn't became a dart player, what would you be doing now?
- Any sport that Scott would want me to try.
* What do you do to relax?
- Knit or read
* What are your biggest fears or phobias?
- Fear, playing singles thinking I wasn't good enough.
* What is the best match you have been involved in? And Why?
- Nova Scotia Open 2011. Scott, myself, and Justin LeBlanc mixed triples. We played Chris Steiger, Rod Snow, Donna Starlett. we won Joint 3rd but so exciting and nerve racking! I loved it.
* how old were you when you started playing darts/
- About 28 in my fathers basement on an old dartboard. But not as steady until I met Scott.
* Have you ever hit a 180? How many?
- No, but so close.
* What advice would you give someone who was considering taking up darts/
- Play with intentsions of having fun, the game is what you make of it. Play your best and don't give up.
* Who is the toughest opponent you have ever played?
- Mandy Fleck from BC
* Who is your practice partner?
- Claudette McGarrigle
April 19-20-21 Prince Edward Island Open $3000.00 - POSTER
June 7-8-9 Molson St John's Open, NFLD $6420.00 - POSTER
June 11-12-13-14 Canadian National Championships, NFLD - POSTER
June 14-15-16 Canadian Open NFLD $8300.00 - POSTER
June 16th PDC North American Tour Stop NFLD $13,200+ - POSTER
July 26-27-28 Jr Cooke Memorial $8150.00 - POSTER
Apr 5-6-7 NH $20,325.00 White Mountain Shootout
Sept 13-14-15 Maine $10,000.00 Sunday River Open